Sharon speaks nationally on a wide variety of health and
safety topics including Faith Community (parish) nursing, spiritual
ministry, dealing with stress, disaster preparedness, and other
topics. Foundations of Faith Community Nursing courses can be taught at
Information Packets are available on request. Sharon is a member of the
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Speakers Bureau.
Programs and Classes
This partial list is constantly being added to as Sharon
programs. If you are interested in a topic that is not on this list,
please contact Sharon or the webmaster.
All programs carry a money-back guarantee: If for any reason a
participant is not satisfied, the registration fee will be refunded.
- Foundations of Faith Community Nursing---following the
Parish Nurse Resource Center curriculum with 36 continuing education
credits for registered nurses. Licensed vocational nurses, retired
nurses, allied health, clergy and others are also welcome to attend as
- Introduction to Health Ministry and Faith Community
hour introduction presentation provides basic information about health
ministry and how to develop a health committee and create a faith
community nurse practice
- Spiritual Journaling as a Tool for Personal and
Professional Growth---explores the basics of spiritual journaling
personally, professionally and as a tool for working with others. This
program is available in 2,4,and 8 hour formats.
- Journaling Techniques for Writers---1 hour
- Introduction to Writing for Beginning Writers---1,2, and 4
- Journal to the Self ® Workshops --- 8-12 hours based on
the work of Kathleen Adams. Includes 16 journaling techniques.
- Disaster Preparation for Faith Communities--- assists
individuals, families, and congregations to become more prepared for
natural, manmade, and pandemic emergencies. 1-12 hour formats
- Listing of Faith Community Nurse/health advocate continuing
education programs available on request
- customized presentations on request